Arizona residents, 21 years of age or older and not affiliated with ASU, may become registered borrowers with the ASU Library for a fee. Proof of residency and age is required. Card fees are non-refundable. See eligibility criteria and associated charges. Off campus Internet access is available for the ASU Library's Catalog only. While Community Card borrowers are not able to access proprietary licensed databases such as Encyclopedia Britannica or journal indexes remotely, access to these databases is available to all users with Guest Log-in at any ASU library. Interlibrary Loan requests require the purchase of a $500 interlibrary loan card.
About Your Account
- Each ASU library may have individual loan and fee policies for various types of materials. Please check with your library for details.
- The Community Card entitles the borrower to a 14-day loan period for most items. Up to 2 (two) renewals per item.
- Reserves, media, and microforms are not renewable. Bring them to any ASU Library Information and Check Out Desk to inquire about extending your loan.
- A borrower may check out up to fifteen (15) items.
- The number of items you may check out from specialized collections such as videos, microforms, and permanent, non-course reserves varies from library to library.
- You are responsible for knowing your due dates and returning or renewing materials on time.
- Photo ID is required for each transaction.
- Borrowing privileges are denied if you have fines/fees.
- Report lost or stolen cards to the library.
- You are responsible for items checked-out to your account and related fees; this responsibility cannot be transferred.
- For your protection, do not loan your ID or borrowed items to others. Do not depend on others to return items for you.
- Report a lost ID to the library.
- Items must be returned at an ASU library book return or Information and Check Out Desk in order to be properly checked-in. Most items may be returned to or renewed at any library. Check book drop policies.
ASU Library Information and Check Out Desk Phone Numbers
Design Library: 480-965-6400
Downtown Phoenix Library: 602-496-0300
Fletcher Library: 602-543-8520
Hayden Library: 480-965-3605
Ross-Blakely Law Library: 480-965-6144
Music Library: 480-965-3513
Noble Science Library: 480-965-2600
Polytechnic Library: 480-727-1037