The Community Card is a book borrowing card and does not provide internet or database access. Arizona residents, 18 years of age or older and not affiliated with ASU, may become registered borrowers with the ASU Library for a fee. Proof of residency and age is required. Card fees are non-refundable. See eligibility criteria and associated charges.
Off campus database access is limited to current ASU students, faculty and staff only. While Community Card borrowers are not able to access proprietary licensed databases such as Encyclopedia Britannica or journal indexes remotely, access to these databases is available on-site through ASU guest wireless at any ASU campus.
Community Card holders may check out books by placing a request online using this form. When the item is delivered to the designated pick up location, you will be notified by email. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling any of our library locations (listed at the bottom of this page).
About Your Account
- Each ASU library may have individual loan and fee policies for various types of materials. Please check with your library for details.
- The Community Card entitles the borrower to a 30-day loan period for most items, with automatic renewals.
- Course Resources and microforms are not renewable. Contact any ASU Library Information Desk to inquire about extending your loan.
- A borrower may check out up to twenty-five (25) items.
- The number of items you may check out from specialized collections such as videos, microforms, and permanent, non-course resources varies from library to library.
- You are responsible for knowing your due dates and returning materials on time.
- Photo ID is required for each transaction.
- Borrowing and renewal privileges are denied if you have fines/fees or your account is expired.
- Report lost or stolen cards to the library.
- You are responsible for items checked-out to your account and related fees; this responsibility cannot be transferred.
- For your protection, do not loan your ID or borrowed items to others. Do not depend on others to return items for you.
- Report a lost ID to the library.
- Items must be returned at an ASU library book return in order to be properly checked-in. Most items may be returned to or renewed at any library. Check book drop policies. You may also return your books via mail to: Noble Library, 601 E. Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85287-1006. We recommend choosing a service you can track to ensure your books are safely delivered.
ASU Library Information and Check Out Desk Phone Numbers
Design and the Arts Library: 480-965-6400
Downtown Phoenix Library: 602-496-0300
Fletcher Library: 602-543-8520
Hayden Library: 480-965-3605
Ross-Blakely Law Library: 480-965-6144
Music Library: 480-965-3513
Noble Library: 480-965-2600
Polytechnic Library: 480-727-1037