ASU faculty, students and staff
Library One Search has streamlined the request process and will display request options based on the availability of the item in the ASU Library.
The primary request types are:
- Request from an ASU library
- Use this to request an item from the ASU Library collections to be picked up at the ASU library of your choice
- Books may be requested for home delivery (two days) for addresses outside of the Phoenix-Metro area. Contact Ask a Librarian if you have questions.
- Request from an external library
- Use this to request an item through Interlibrary Loan. This option will only appear when the item is not owned or is unavailable for request from the ASU Library.
- Request an article or chapter scan
- Use this to request a scan of an article or book chapter.
- Note: Scanning requests will be reviewed for copyright compliance and may be canceled. If this happens, Ask a Librarian can help.
- Request an ebook alternative
- Sometimes it may make sense tor request an ebook alternative for a print book we already own. However, this is not always possible due to publisher restrictions and may take as long as, or longer than, home delivery of the print book.
- You can make your request through the Suggest an item for the library to purchase form.
- Please note: If you are an online student, we will contact you when the item is available.
Specific item search
Looking to find a specific book, journal article or journal title from an online resource?
Use the Citation Linker tool.
Alumni and community borrowers
- Request online using the Request Materials form
- Request at a Library Information and Check Out Desk