|Owned by ASU Libraries||Not owned by ASU Libraries|
Request Videos DVD Info
Request Journal articles/book chapters Info
ILLiad form for making requests
How to request materials owned by ASU Libraries:
- Enter the Online Catalog and conduct your search: http://library.lib.asu.edu/.
- Click on the entry you wish to request.
- Find and display the complete record for the title.
- Click the button which is displayed at the top and bottom of your screen.
- Choose a library pick-up location from the drop-down menu and click the button.
- If there are multiple entries for a single title, mark the one you want and click "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM".
- The message "Your request for [TITLE] was successful." verifies that your request was sent.
- The book you request will be pulled from the shelf and taken to the Information & Check Out Desk of the Library you selected.
Note: The button will not display if the item cannot currently be requested. Check with the Information & Check Out Desk for additional information on these items.
Request Materials Policy
Items with shelf status
- The ASU Libraries provide a pull service from eligible collections for current ASU affiliates.
- The service is available Monday through Friday.
- Placing a hold does not prevent another patron from retrieving the item and checking it out.
- The majority of items are available for pickup at the Information & Check Out Desk within 3 working days.
- Length of time requests Held: Books and Videos - 7 days
- Tempe campus students are limited to five per day from collections located on the Tempe campus.
- Excluded collections: journals, non-circulating material, and reserve items.
- This service is not available to Community Borrowers.
- Distance Education Book Request
- Biomedical Informatics Department Book Request
Items that are checked out
- Search and request through BorrowItNow before recalling a checked out item.
- Most items from the general stacks collection with a status of "Due mm/dd/yyyy" may be recalled.
- An item recalled from the current borrower could take up to 15 days to receive.
- Not all checked out items qualify for recall.
- For the complete recall policy, see Recall Policy information.
Requesting videos for classroom use
- ASU faculty, students and staff who need a video or DVD on a specific date in the future should use Media Booking.
- Media Bookings will take precedence over other requests and may delay fulfilling requests made online.
How will I be notified?
- Library notifications are sent to the email address included in your library account.
- Online: Track status of requested item. Items that have arrived will have a status of "Ready. Must pickup by mm/dd/yyyy".
- Items that are not picked up by the date noted are returned to the shelves of the owning library.