Benefits of library instruction
The ASU Library's instruction program strives to help students become proficient in locating appropriate information sources; evaluate them for quality, usefulness, and purpose; and integrate them properly into a research paper or project.
Benefits of library instruction include:
- Reduces dependence on Google and Wikipedia
- Helps students feel more comfortable using library resources
- Reduces library anxiety by simplifying the process of doing library research
- Introduces students to the relevant resources and services the library provide
- Demonstrates how to find and use the best research databases
- Creates a personal connection with their subject librarian
Information research skills
Our goal is for every ASU student to become proficient in our information research skills.