A "recall" is a request by the ASU Library to have a book returned when needed for departmental purposes, such as Course Reserves. All items are subject to recall by the ASU Library. The recall may change the original due date of the item and the library will inform the customer who has the item checked out of the new due date with an e-mail notice.
The recall policy applies to all users and is strictly enforced and in effect all year long including breaks, sabbaticals, vacations, etc. If the library is closed use one of the exterior book drops.
It is important for all borrowers to regularly review the status of their library account, checking for recalls either online or by contacting circulation. At any time, you may view your account online through My Account or check with any circulation desk to see if any of the books that you have checked out have been recalled from you.
Recall Due Dates and Notices
- When an item is recalled, the system automatically changes the due date and a Recall Notice is sent.
- Recall of an item may shorten the original loan period.
- Recalls are due fifteen (15) days after the request.
- Due to the strict enforcement of the recall process, failure to receive a recall notice does not absolve borrower from knowing an item is recalled.
- Items not returned by midnight on the recall due date are billed the replacement cost and a $10.00 fee per item.
- Recall late fees are strictly enforced and only the replacement cost is cancelled when the item is returned.
- There is an established written appeals procedure for handling all library charges, including recall fines.
- Clearances, allowing check out of material, are issued while the appeal is in process.
- For more information, please contact: ASU Library Information Desk (480-965-3605)