The Design Library houses special collections of primary source materials related to architecture, planning, interior design, and industrial design. Materials are open to the public and available for scholarly use. Collections contain textual material, drawings, and photographs. Many archival collections consist of materials from prominent architects practicing in the Phoenix area and/or affiliated with the ASU architectural program.
Special Collections houses a substantial collection of books, periodicals, and ephemeral material about Frank Lloyd Wright. You may also view the Frank Lloyd Wright Ephemera Collection description.
A variety of online and printed access tools exist for the different collections, including finding aids, preliminary inventories, and container lists. For information on a specific collection follow the links below or contact the Archives and Special Collections at (480) 965-6370.
- ASU College of Architecture and Environmental Design Collection
- Bruder, William P. 1946-
- Drake, Blaine 1911-1993
- Conrow, Jane
- Elmore, James 1917-2007
- Fuller, R. Buckminster 1895-1983
- Kossak, K. J. 1922-2008
- McArthur, Albert Chase 1881-1951
- Metropolitan Canal Alliance
- Olgyay, Victor 1910-1970
- Osmon, Fred Linn
- Phoenix General Plan
- Phoenix Municipal Government Center Design Competition
- Schweikher, Paul 1903-1997
- Straub, Calvin 1920-1998
- Valley National Bank Drawings Collection
- Whiffen, Marcus 1916-2002
- Young Junior, Martin Ray 1916-1999
- Litchfield Park
- Solar Energy Collection
- Collections in progress