Items with shelf status
- The ASU Library provides a pull service from eligible collections for current ASU affiliates.
- The service is available Monday through Friday.
- Placing a hold does not prevent another patron from retrieving the item and checking it out.
- The majority of items are available for pickup at the Information and Check Out Desk within 3 working days.
- Length of time requests Held: Books and Videos - 7 days
- Tempe campus students are limited to five per day from collections located on the Tempe campus.
- Excluded collections: journals, non-circulating material, and reserve items.
- This service is not available to Community Borrowers.
Items that are checked out
- Search and request through BorrowItNow before recalling a checked out item.
- Most items from the general stacks collection with a status of "Due mm/dd/yyyy" may be recalled.
- An item recalled from the current borrower could take up to 15 days to receive.
- Not all checked out items qualify for recall.
- For the complete recall policy, see Recall Policy information.
Requesting videos for classroom use
- ASU faculty, students and staff who need a video or DVD on a specific date in the future should use Media Booking.
- Media Bookings will take precedence over other requests and may delay fulfilling requests made online.
How will I be notified?
- Library notifications are sent to the email address included in your library account.
- Online: Track status of requested item. Items that have arrived will have a status of "Ready. Must pickup by mm/dd/yyyy".
- Items that are not picked up by the date noted are returned to the shelves of the owning library.