Information / Assistance
There are information desks on three levels of Hayden Library (Concourse, Level 1 and Level 4). Please stop by for assistance in finding information of all types. Ask a Librarian also provides assistance online via text, email and chat.
Check out / Circulation
There are several options to check out materials in Hayden Library:
- There are self check out stations located on Levels 1, 2 and 4 of the library.
- For assistance checking out your materials, please come to one of the Information Desks on the concourse, Level 1 or Level 4
- To pick up materials on hold, please go to the Information Desk on the concourse level
- The Wurzburger Reading Room is located on Level 1 and provides mediated access to the treasures of the ASU Library's archival and distinctive collections. Contact Ask an Archivist to find out about materials and to make an appointment to view them in the reading room.
- The Labriola National American Indian Data Center has a curated open stacks collection, available for browsing and checking out, on Level 2. This collection features books, journals and other materials by Indigenous authors and creators.
- Sun Devil Reads on Level 2, an open stack collection that is Inspired by the academic and personal interests of ASU students and faculty. These book collections are meant to be browsed to discover something new to read.
Convenience Technology Lending
Stop by the Information Desk on the concourse level to check out a phone (Apple or Android) or laptop (PC or Mac) charger, head phones, scientific orgraphing calculator, power strips or other items you may have forgotten.
Physical reserved materials can be checked out at the Information Desk on the concourse level of the library.
- If you need assistance or a consultation, please contact us to make an appointment for us to assist you.
- If you need to use our equipment, visit or contact the Hayden Library information desk to reserve a time.
Please note that the food services in Hayden Library are currently open for take out only.
- Bodhi Market (Level 1)
- Charlie's Cafe (Concourse)
- POD Mini Market (Concourse)
Playing a board game is often the perfect study break. Browse through our game collection adjacent to the concourse level Information Desk and find out what can be checked out.
Gender Neutral Restrooms
There are two gender netural restrooms located on each floor of Hayden Library.
There is an Interfaith Reflection Room located on the concourse level of the library. Within this room are three private reflection rooms, limited to one person in each room. This room is provided to the ASU Community for quiet contemplation, meditation, reflection or prayer. We ask the users of the space limit use electronics (cell phone, camera, etc).
There is an Ablution Room on the concourse level of the library, across from the wellness/lactation rooms. Please stop by the Information Desk on the concourse level for a key to the room.
Specialty Service Areas
Wellness Services and Support
There are two wellness / lactation rooms located on the concourse level of the library, which can be reserved online. These rooms are intended for lactation and other wellness needs, and have a maximum capacity of one person.