The LibX toolbar works with Firefox and Chrome only. There are currently no library toolbars available for Safari, Internet Explorer, or Opera. Uninstall info
- Select text on a page and right-click (ctrl+click on a Mac) to search the library catalog, electronic resources, and more.
- Choose to search by keyword, author, title, etc.
- Click the extension button and search for more than one search term by using the blue expansion arrows.
- Use the drop-down menu on the Search button to choose where to conduct your search, including Library Guides and Worldcat.
- Links tab on the left contains a list of resources such as RefWorks, ILL, and your Library Account.
- Adds a icon to web pages like Amazon, alibris, Yahoo, and Google. Click the button to search the ASU Library Catalog for the item.
- Auto-link adds a dotted line under ISBNs, DOI, and PubMed numbers. Click the link to search the library catalog or PubMed for that item.
For more information, please visit the LibX Arizona State University Edition page.
Install the Firefox LibX Toolbar. If you get a warning message “Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer.” click the Allow button. A Software Installation window will open up. Wait for the Install timer to count down, then click Install. The toolbar will install as a Firefox add-on. You will need to close Firefox and re-open it to activate the toolbar.
Note: The Firefox edition currently will not auto-update. Please install the latest version manually.
Install the Chrome LibX Toolbar. A window will pop up asking if you want to install LibX for Chrome. Click Add and it will install.