A new academic year is the perfect time to hit ‘refresh’ – and ASU Library has done just that with some of its services. To help get you oriented, here’s a helpful list of what’s new, what’s different and what you won’t want to miss.
- New search: The new ASU Library One Search has been implemented to enhance and expand library services. While we are experiencing some early-implementation issues that are currently being addressed, we can guarantee that over time the new system will dramatically improve the online user experience through better browsing, sharing and customization of materials.
- New mkrservices location: Now on the lower concourse of Hayden Library, mkrservices has a more convenient location for ASU makers. Come stop by and say hello!
- Requesting materials: Getting the materials you need just got easier. Even if an item is checked out, you can still request it. All requests for checked-out items will automatically generate an Interlibrary Loan, and there will be no recall for the checked-out item.
- More direct assistance: Have a quick question or need help from a librarian? The ASU community now has direct, online access to ASU librarians through the library’s online chat service called Ask a Librarian. While the hours have changed to regular business hours – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday – the quality of service has been enhanced to ensure that all requests for assistance are answered promptly by a librarian or information professional within ASU Library. Online chat questions that come in after hours will be converted to an email that will be answered as quickly as possible.
- Longer checkouts: Faculty, staff and graduate students can now check out materials for 365 days. Undergraduate students may check out materials for 90 days and community members for 30.
- Automatic renewals: Materials for students, faculty and staff will now be renewed automatically.
- Community cards: Purchasing a community card allows the public to check out up to 25 items with a loan period of 90 days.
Please see our library policies page for additional service changes and updates.