Research is a journey, and librarians hold the keys.
Whether you're studying for an exam, writing a paper or working on a research project, getting help from ASU Library can save you time, connect you with quality resources and get you a better grade.
Think of librarians as personal research trainers – they are here to support and coach you, so that you learn how to find exactly the information you need, efficiently.
Here are five ways to get help from ASU Library:
1. Talk with a Librarian. Feeling overwhelmed and not sure where to start? Call, email or schedule a visit with a subject librarian. ASU Library has over 30 of them, and they are all experts in their fields. Specializing in everything from anthropology to visual literacy, subject librarians offer personalized, high-quality, one-on-one research support.
2. Ask a Librarian. Need help with a citation, or have a quick question? Don't panic. Help is just one click away – literally. Ask a Librarian is an online chat service that connects ASU students quickly and seamlessly to quality research assistance. Not automated in any way, ASU Library’s chat service provides live, online support from real library professionals.
3. Explore the Library Guides. Created by ASU subject librarians, the Library Guides offer curated links that can connect you with the best, most up-to-date information related to your subject or topic. These guides are an excellent way to help you get started with your research and can save you time.
4. Do an Online Tutorial. Think of ASU Library’s Online Tutorials as a general user manual on how to cite sources, find articles and use online research databases. These tutorials are a great way to learn citation styles (MLA, APA) or learn how to develop a research question.
5. Ask the Information Desk. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone. If you’re feeling lost, visit any of ASU’s nine library facilities and ask someone at the ASU Library Information Desk. They will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. All you have to do is ask!
Journey on, young grasshopper – and remember, ASU librarians are here to support and guide your success.