The ASU Library's instruction program strives to help students become proficient in locating appropriate information sources; evaluate them for quality, usefulness, and purpose; and integrate them properly into a research paper or project.
Our goal is for every ASU Student to become proficient in our Information Research Skills.
Benefits of library instruction include:
- Reduces dependence on Google and Wikipedia
- Helps students feel more comfortable using library resources
- Reduces library anxiety by simplifying the process of doing library research
- Introduces students to the relevant resources and services the libraries provide
- Demonstrates how to find and use the best research databases
- Creates a personal connection with their subject librarian