Are you enthusiastic about teaching? Do you have a passion for student learning? Does the idea of working in a fast-paced, culturally diverse and highly interdisciplinary academic environment sound right for you? If so, Arizona State University Library has an opening for a creative, collaborative and proactive librarian to serve as the Undergraduate Instruction and Assessment Librarian. She/he will report to the Learning and Student Success Librarian and will focus primarily on information literacy instruction and research assistance for undergraduate students in foundational courses. The successful candidate will create and deliver classroom instruction, perform research consultations with students, develop research guides and tutorials for a large online student population, and assist the Learning and Student Success Librarian with instructional assessment.
- Delivers information literacy instruction, orientations and workshops for undergraduate students
- Serves as the principal instructor to ASU 101 and UNI courses
- Works with the instructional designer to develop online learning materials, i.e. Libguides, videos and tutorials
- Assists in the development/teaching of targeted workshops for a diverse student population, faculty and staff
- Work with librarians in Humanities, Social Science and STEM Divisions
- Provides chat and in-person reference 10-15 hours per week
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures and goals for the instruction program
- Serves on appointed library, campus and university committees
- Develops professionally as a member of the academic community through scholarly activities (research, publishing, conference presentations), professional practice, service, conference attendance and continuing education
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Knowledge or use of ACRL Framework for Information Literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience /coursework in library instruction and reference services.
- Ability to learn and apply emerging trends and technologies in library instruction and research services.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience with graphic and video design software, and other multimedia tools.
- Strong customer service attitude.
Salary and Rank: This is a year to year Academic Professional position; Assistant/Associate Librarian and salary dependent upon experience. Early career professionals are encouraged to apply.
ASU Library ranks in the top 40 research libraries in North America. Home to nine physical libraries on five ASU campuses, ASU Library supports over 90,000 full-time and part-time students and over 3,000 faculty.
The gateway to ASU’s New American University, ASU Library provides quality resources needed to drive learning and innovation, and collaborates across technologies and communities in a culture of inquiry entrepreneurship, defined by inclusive, interdisciplinary approaches to knowledge creation. More information can be found at lib.asu.edu.
Application Procedures: Application packet consists of a cover letter, comprehensive vita or resume, and names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of 3 recent professional references. The application should be sent as a single (one) complete electronic file to Lillie Johnson. Questions about the position and search should be directed to Tomalee Doan. Application Deadline: Application deadline is December 4, 2017; applications will be reviewed weekly thereafter until the search is closed.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. A background check is required for employment. For more information regarding ASU, visit our web site: www.asu.edu. For the Tempe and/or Phoenix area, please visit, www.visitarizona.com.
Arizona State University’s Charter animates an institution “measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes, and how they succeed.” Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are welcomed and encouraged to apply.