Are you interested in joining a library team at the #1 ranked “most innovative school in America” by U. S. News and World Report? Arizona State University Library seeks a highly motivated, dynamic and innovative professional to build the Library’s connections with the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, especially in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, ASU’s largest and most diverse college. This is an ideal position for a diverse, dynamic, collaborative and forward-thinking team player who is dedicated to shaping the future of instructional support and research endeavors in ASU’s STEM disciplines.
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of scholarly information across multiple science fields, and will connect researchers and learners with science information and resources both within and beyond the physical library. This individual will work successfully with campus partners across departments and institutes, and seek to build strong multidisciplinary relationships with faculty in these programs, in order to further both research and student learning. The successful candidate will be committed to students’ academic success at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. This position will help define new services and develop programs serving as a resource for scholarly communication, research data management, information literacy and emerging technologies. This position also will facilitate collaboration with science faculty in grant-related activities, including identifying grant opportunities and providing library-related services to fulfill grant requirements. This Academic Professional position is expected to engage in service and scholarly activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the sciences or STEM field
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to work creatively and effectively both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated understanding of the research process and data lifecycle in the sciences
- Demonstrated ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with all faculty, students and library staff
- Experience in leading and identifying opportunities to implement and support emerging literacies instruction with campus curricular priorities to design and develop collaborative courses, modules and research that support curriculum design
- Experience in providing reference consultations and instructional services
- Record of scholarly publications and/or presentations
- Grant writing experience
- Experience with sponsored research
Salary and Rank: This is a continuing appointment track Academic Professional position; Assistant/Associate Librarian and salary dependent upon experience. Early career professionals are encouraged to apply.
ASU Library ranks in the top 40 research libraries in North America. Home to nine physical libraries on five ASU campuses, ASU Library supports over 90,000 full-time and part-time students and over 3,000 faculty. More information can be found at lib.asu.edu.
Application Procedures: Application packet consists of a cover letter, comprehensive vita or resume, and names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of 3 recent professional references. The application should be sent as a single (one) complete electronic file to Lillie Johnson. Questions about the position and search should be directed to Tomalee Doan. Application Deadline: Application deadline is December 4, 2017; applications will be reviewed weekly thereafter until the search is closed.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. A background check is required for employment. For more information regarding ASU, visit our web site: www.asu.edu. For the Tempe and/or Phoenix area, please visit, www.visitarizona.com.
Arizona State University’s Charter animates an institution “measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes, and how they succeed.” Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are welcomed and encouraged to apply.