The intern will arrange and describe a small to moderate size (1-5 linear feet) manuscript collection of organizational or personal papers donated to the Labriola Center through to the stage of completed online finding aid.
Joyce Martin, Associate Librarian and Curator of the Labriola National American Indian Data Center
Fletcher Library, ASU West campus, Phoenix, AZ
Learning objectives for intern
By the end of this internship, the intern will:
- Gain knowledge of archival arrangement and description
- Rehousing a collection using archival supplies,
- Optimally organize an archival collection
- Write front matter and create a box and folder list
- Gain hands on experience with the archives management system ArchivesSpace
Ideal candidates will have completed at least one year of graduate work in an Indigenous Studies, Library and Information Science, or Archival Management degree program and have knowledge of Indigenous studies.
Application deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis.