The Architecture and Environmental Design (AED) Library houses special collections of primary source materials related to architecture, planning, interior design, and industrial design. Materials from the Archival Drawings and Solar Energy Collections are open to the public and available for scholarly use. Collections contain textual material, drawings, and photographs.
Special Collections houses a substantial collection of books, periodicals, and ephemeral material about Frank Lloyd Wright. You may also view the Frank Lloyd Wright Ephemera Collection description.
Many collections are accessible via the ASU Libraries Online Catalog. A variety of hard-copy access tools exist for the different collections, including finding aids, preliminary inventories or box lists, and internal database indices. For additional information contact the Archives and Special Collections at (480) 965-6370.
- Archival Drawings Collection
- Beadle, Alfred Newman 1927-1998
- Bruder, William P. 1946-
- Drake, Blaine 1911-1993
- Fuller, R. Buckminster 1895-1983
- McArthur, Albert Chase 1881-1951
- Metropolitan Canal Alliance
- Olgyay, Victor 1910-1970
- Osmon, Fred Linn
- Phoenix General Plan
- Phoenix Municipal Government Center
- Schweikher, Paul 1903-1997
- Straub, Calvin 1920-1998
- Whiffen, Marcus 1916-2002
- Young Junior, Martin Ray 1916-1999
- Litchfield Park
- Solar Energy Collection
- Cambridge 5000 Collection
- Collections in progress