How do I find the items my professor has placed on Reserve?
Materials placed on Reserve can be searched through the One Search bar on the Library home page; click on the arrow and select “Course Reserves.” Provide the call numbers for each item you would like to borrow to the Desk staff and they will be retrieved for you. Online materials are accessible through ASU Library Reading Lists—usually accessible through Canvas.
Can I renew a Reserve item?
No. Some items may be checked in and then checked out again; see Reserve staff.
- Reserve fines accrue at a rate of one dollar per hour, per item—up to a maximum of $20 per item.
- There is no grace period for Reserve items.
- Fines begin immediately after the due time has passed.
- serve fines accrue hourly—24 hours per day.
- Library books and professors' personal copies of books are available for checkout. Check the catalog for the location.
- To access online tests, notes, articles, chapters, etc., go to your Canvas page or ASU Library Reading Lists if your course is not in Canvas.
Where should I return Reserve items?
- Items must be returned to the same desk where you checked them out.
- Reserve items are not returnable via bookdrop.
- Reserve items from one branch library will not be accepted at other branch libraries.
Can I make a copy of items on Reserve?
Yes, a photocopy may be made if within the copyright laws. Copiers are located throughout the library.
Other questions? Call us.
- Design Reserve: 480-965-6400
- Downtown Reserve: 602-496-0300
- Fletcher Reserve: 602-543-8570
- Hayden Reserve: 480-965-3159
- Music Reserve: 480-965-3513
- Noble Reserve: 480-965-2600
- Polytechnic Reserve: 480-727-1037