The ASU Library Map and Geospatial Hub is excited to be partnering with the Arizona Geographic Information Council (AGIC) LiDAR Workgroup to host the 2019 AGIC LiDAR Networking Symposium!
The event will be a follow-up to first ever Arizona LiDAR symposium held in August 2018. Currently, Arizona has little in the way of comprehensive LiDAR data. AGIC is leading the efforts to obtain statewide LiDAR coverage and create educational platforms that increase public and industry knowledge of LiDAR.
This event will provide an opportunity for interested parties to get together to learn about the Arizona LiDAR initiative and create networks as Arizona moves towards statewide LiDAR coverage.
Please join the Map and Geospatial Hub and AGIC and for a day of LiDAR:
May 7, 2019
Map and Geospatial Hub
Noble Science and Engineering Library, Room 380
601 E Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85287
The AGIC LiDAR Networking Symposium will include:
- Keynote presentation from the Washington State GIS Coordinator and Department of Natural Resources LiDAR Program Manager on Washington's LiDAR Acquisition Plan and State Program
- Drew Decker from USGS will present on the 3DEP Program and Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) Process
- A panel of GIS Professionals will discuss LiDAR Acquisition Lessons Learned
- A demo of a new geospatial tool identifying existing LiDAR and desired LiDAR acquisition areas in AZ
- A discussion on the draft LiDAR Acquisition Plan developed by the AGIC LiDAR Work Group
- And many, many opportunities to network to find LiDAR partners for your project!
The event is free to attend. Parking and Lunch will be the responsibility of the attendee. Lunch options and coordination will be led by the AGIC LiDAR Networking Symposium Planning Team.
Register now for the spring AGIC LiDAR Networking Symposium!