The new ASU Libraries mobile site went live on Friday. We are working on the auto-detect script which will determine whether or not you are coming from a mobile device. Until then, users can either choose the mobile link on the home page or go to http://m.lib.asu.edu
Below is a screen shot of what the home page looks like from a mobile device.
Here is a list of some of the cool new featuresâ€¦
1. Mobile specific hours and directory displays
2. Search options for the catalog, the Library One Search, LibGuides, and Google Scholar
3. Options to save, email or text catalog records from within the mobile catalog
4. Mobile specific Google maps and directions
5. Ask a Librarian contact information
6. Library computer availability (refreshed every 5 minutes)
7. Mobilized Library Channel content
In addition, we will continue to refine, monitor, and develop our mobile offerings for the ASU Libraries in the months to come. We look forward to adding the historical tour to this site when it is complete.
I would like to recognize Debbie Flitner for all of her hard work while I was stressing over CA files. She completed the bulk of this work on her own. Kirk Manegold also set up and configured all of the files for the mobile catalog and Matt Harp created our icons. Awesome work from everyone.
One note â€“ the site is not optimized for the IE web browser, since it is not used on mobile devices. Therefore, some of the catalog functionality will not work properly in IE from a desktop computer.
Web Services Librarian